The Perfect Fall Cheese Ball October 29, 2015 11:30
It's festive and it's fun! The Perfect Fall Cheese Ball.
|Prep time||Total time||Cook time|
|15 mins||2 hours||2 hours 15 mins|
- 16oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 3 tbsp salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crumbled
- top of 1 bell pepper for stem garnish
- With a mixer, combine cream cheese, cheddar, onion, salsa and cumin. Mix until creamy.
- Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap and use wrap to form a ball and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, roll ball into the crushed nacho chips and place bell pepper stem on top. Serve with chips, vegetables or pretzels!
This is not a furry friend treat! It's meant for the furry friend owners and their guests! Enjoy!
Recipe by Corey from Family Fresh Meals
#fallappetizer #cheeseball #cheese #follow #blogoftheday #threehumansandadog #recipe #delicious #mealidea #loveit #newblogpost #instablogger #newpost
Purrrfect Cat Treats! October 26, 2015 16:43
Yummy homemade treats for cats are healthy and a crowd pleaser!
See how to make your own cat treats after the jump . . .
Crunchy Tuna Cat Treats
Makes about 3 dozen treats
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, no salt added and packed in water, drained
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried catnip
*It’s easy to make your own oat flour. Simply grind old-fashioned oats in a spice grinder (or a super clean coffee grinder) until it is transformed into a light powder. There you have it — oat flour!
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, combine drained tuna, oat flour, egg, olive oil and catnip. Blend until mixture is smooth. It will be thick but pliable and not terribly sticky.
- Roll dough into 1/2 teaspoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Use a skewer to press an X-shape into each cookie ball.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are dried on top and slightly browned. Allow to cool completely before offering to your kitty.
- Place treats in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Credits - written by Kristina Gill on designsponge.com
Find Three Humans and A Dog at www.threehumansandadog.com
#cats #cattreats #dogs #dogtreats #threehumansandadog #weloveyourpets #follow4follow #follow #picoftheday
Slim Down Your Pet October 22, 2015 19:12
We love our Brownie, but the last time she went to the vet we were told that she was overweight and that could bring some health implications. This put the entire family on alert because the bottom line is that we don't like to say "no" to her when she's asking for a treat.
In search for some alternatives and ideas on how to change her habits, I came across this great article in the October 2015 issue of Woman's Day magazine.
This is a great read if you have a furry friend that likes to indulge or is showing signs of being overweight.
Hope it helps you as it helped us!
#dogs #slimdownyourpet #dogweight #petdiet #threehumansandadog #overweightpet