Pumpkin Doggie Treats October 11, 2018 00:44 79 Comments
It’s finally starting to feel like fall, which means it’s time for pumpkin everything! And why should our pets be left out? They should get to enjoy this season too, so we scoured the internet to find you the perfect fall cookie recipe for your pet! The recipe we found is pumpkin filled, and grain-free, so it is easy on your dogs tummy. It is also packed with healthy anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric for our pets with troubled joints! See the ingredients and instructions below!
- (1) 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour, plus additional for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Add in the turmeric, cinnamon, and coconut flour. Mix until well combined. Let rest for about five minutes to thicken.
- Dump the dough out onto a surface well-coated in coconut flour. Sprinkle top liberally with more coconut flour, and then roll until about 1/4” thick. Cut using cooking cutters, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Combine the dough scraps and re-roll until all dough is gone.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the cookies are dry and hard. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
To see the original post, copy and paste the link below! https://wholefully.com/grain-free-dog-treats/#7XpPxK351BSwDgJe.97
Thank you so much for reading my blog and being part of this journey with me. I would love to receive any comments or suggestions.
#weloveyourpets #pumpkinspice #fall #dog
Be sure to follow us on social media: